Saturday, August 18, 2007

"Feel Like Pulling My Hair Out"


Ever have those days where you just feel like pulling your hair out?
Had one of those days today! Matter of fact....recently, everyday at work, has been one of
those days! I told Pastor Tara that I really feel like God is trying to teach me how to truly love people! I mean, I really thought that I was a loving person......
but lately, the love has been tested!
I work in a Surgeons office....matter of fact the largest General/Plastic Surgery Office around!
We have 9 surgeons, so of course they can't all be in clinic at the same time....they have to be performing surgery most of the week.....so each one takes a clinic day, to see patients with consultations, follow=ups, complications, etc.
Well Tuesdays are our busiest days....we have 3 surgeons in clinic at one time, these are our most popular surgeons.....one being a plastic surgeon and the other two are general surgeons....between them they see about 300 patients in one day!
I don't know how this is humanly possible for one person!! They need rest!!!
Anyway.....today....of all days....the computers shut down, so we had to hand write every form to sign in the patients.....we were short staffed, along with the phones going crazy!
So, I'm exhausted!!! I'm not complaining here.....just giving you a picture of what the office is like!
So, as I said earlier.....I really think that God is trying to show me something with this job.....there is one co-worker that just really gets under my skin....she is a "Sugar Slopper" as me and Pastor Tara like to call them......you know them.....the women who talk like "Hey Honey" "How are you today, Baby" or "Can you do this for me, Sugar" you know those people that "slop sugar" all over you, then the minute you turn your back, they have a knife ready to stab you!
Just plain out Fake people.....I'm tired of them.....I try my best to be the type of person that's "what you see is what you get", I try to be the same all the time.......I had one of the nurses compliment, me yesterday as I walked through the clinic after lunch....she said...."Are you happy all the time?" I said no.....She said, well why do you smile all the time...... and I thought....Thank God, I'm not letting my frustrations show!
We are truly ment to be a light....no matter where we are....so we can't let our frustrations dictate our circumstances!
So, back to the "Sugar Slopper".....I've dealt with this type of person before....so I've tried several different approaches....you can slop the sugar right back....but then you're being just as fake as they are.....you can just ignore the person.....but that's not being nice, or being a light......or you can just LOVE THE PERSON!!
So, this is my conclusion.....I'm going to love her......with a Christ like love! You know, maybe I'm meant to help her.....let her see how she needs Jesus!
I believe that's what we're all supposed to do!
So, pray for me, as I learn to Love others as Christ Loves!!
Blessings,
Christy

No comments: