Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Vent Session"


I'd Rather Have A Root Canal......
this will not be an "expression" that I will ever use again in my lifetime! I have had the most stressful 2 weeks!
Our baby girl (she's 6yrs old!) had this tooth trauma, that began 2wks ago today. She began to have pain in her back tooth, and something just told me that this could be an abcess. Well because of insurance/job changes within the past 2yrs, it's been a while since they've been to their regular dentist for cleanings. So, I had to call around and get her into the first dentist that would see her.
This Dentist's ad in the phone book stated that he has a family practice....so I thought it would be fine......SOOOO the opposite! Well, it was an abcess, a pretty bad one, at that! He immediately did a baby root canal......so, long story short we went back today to have the permanent filling put in.....oh, it was so stressful! You would think that I was having the root canal done! I was so nervous for her.....she's such a strong person......she's been through so much! The tooth got taken care of, but there was still some infection, so they put her on very strong antibiotics.
The biggest part of the stress for me was dealing with this new dentist in town....who has the (quote) "God Complex". He truly had no bedside manner, treated my little one like we were trailer trash! Pretty much said (in not so many words) that I'm an unfit mother. I just don't get some people sometimes! I am a God-fearing, very loving person .....I'm a person who tries my best to avoid conflict in my life.......therefore, guess what test I keep having to take over and over "FACING CONFLICT" .....I have a past that lies with allowing people to walk all over me, and never stand up for myself......but, "But God" has taught me, to become a strong women in Him! I'm just ready for this chapter, this area in my life, to be fully conquered......I want to be able to face any GIANT, any "Goliath", the same way David did......I know that no one ever said that this walk with God would be the easiest way to go, but sometimes I wonder how people who don't know HIM ever make it through life! So, this was my vent session for today, I have some things that the Lord is sturring in me, as I have a chance I'll post them.....I just really needed to vent....Check back in later....and remember.....God will never put more on you than you can handle, He has made us More Than Conquerers through Him......so, never use the expression "I'd rather have a root canal, than do that"!!!

2 comments:

Tara Sloan said...

It's funny the wisdom you can receive in such difficult situations! I truly believe God will use every situation to speak truth to us if only we'll listen! THAT is the hard part! Great post! I'm SO happy to read your blogs!!!!
Go Christy Go!

Amico Dio said...

You have a great blog!