Thursday, June 14, 2007

Your True Image


No.....this is not about Jessica Simpson.....she's just there as an example!

I work for a surgeon's office.....9 surgeons to be exact. We have 7 general surgeons, and 2 plastic surgeons. I'm faced every day with Life and Death.......In what way? You might ask? Here's how....Our general surgeons treat alot of patients faced with the news of breast cancer, our plastic surgeons give "New Life" (so to speak) to alot of breasts!

We are cramped in a small office, with very little area in one waiting room.....so, recently our plastic surgeons decided to renovate an old chart room (just off of the current waiting room) into the plastic surgery waiting "Suite"! This suite is "Sweet"......I loooove to decorate.....so this room is really something I would love to do in my Living room....it's got a flat screen tv, plush chairs......all the comforts of home!

So, you've got the picture.....you come in, and myself along with about 5 other employees who work up front are faced with the issue of placing you in the general/ordinary/old waiting room.....or if you're here to have a make-over you get to wait in the plush/cool/"new life" waiting area..........here's my issue.........Now I'll be the first to say that as soon as I can save up the money (after loosing some weight!!) I would have a little nip/tuck here and there, I don't think anything is wrong with it.......so, I'm not being judgemental.....let's get that issue out of the way!! My issue is that this whole situation is just a little bit backwards......these breast cancer patients should have just as much "Special" treatment as the plastic surgery patients, if not more! It's so sad to me that this is what our world has come to......it's all about "The Image".....but How WONDERFUL it is to know that our Heavenly Father looks at the inside, not the outside! His word says that man sees only the outside, but the Father looks at the heart! I truly believe that my current job and location is only a training tool to the ministry that God has for my life......I strive to take every chance I can, to learn from this experience, so that it can be used to help others! My prayer is that.....as women we realize that Beauty is more than what's on the outside......it's truly what's in your heart that matters! I believe that when you get your heart right.....then and only then can the outside be Beautiful! So, to all the Breast Cancer Conquerers out there (you're not just a survivor, you are a conquerer!)......know that God sees you as a Beautiful Star! Be Blessed!

Christy

1 comment:

Amico Dio said...

A great revelation! Thank you so much for sharing!